Understanding the estate planning process may help you or a loved one take the first step to get this important planning in place. It’s as easy as:
- Contact Us. Call or email us to setup a time for us to get together to discuss your personal/family situation and your estate planning goals.
- Tell Us About Yourself. Complete the forms that we send you. You know all the answers to our questions such as the names of your children, their contact information, and your property and account information.
- Let’s Meet. We will listen to your situation and learn about your goals. We will educate you on the various types of documents such as wills, trusts, and powers of attorney. By the end of our meeting, we will have developed a plan that reaches your goals and is custom to you. Estate planning is not one size fits all!
- Sit Back. We will draft your documents and send drafts to you with a letter to guide your review.
- Contact Us. Let us know of any changes you want made to the drafts and setup a time to get together.
- Let’s Sign. We will do a full review of your documents together, discuss funding your trust if you have one, and sign with a notary at our office.
- Stop By. We don’t prefer to mail your sensitive documents so we will let you know when your estate planning binder is ready to pick from our front desk. This binder will contain a letter addressing your next steps, will have an indexed copy of your documents, and your full set of originals. We will also send you an electronic copy of the documents for digital storage.
Just take the first step and we will get you through it from there!