Ron has extensive experience in commercial, real estate, banking, construction, bankruptcy and municipal law. “I have represented borrowers and lenders in loan transactions from smaller loans to sophisticated multimillion-dollar loans and parties to commercial transactions and business transactions,” Ron said.
He represents clients large and small. Whether it is a multimillion-dollar real estate sale or loan closing or advising an individual on the purchase of his or her home, Ron enjoys working with clients. He has helped clients with business transfers, and commercial and condominium transactions.
Ron has successfully represented clients in construction litigation (including lien foreclosures), title disputes, business disputes, and bankruptcy proceedings. In addition, he has dealt with a multitude of zoning and other municipal issues.
- Juris Doctor degree, Wayne State University
- Bachelor of Science degree, Grand Valley State University
- Very High Rating in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards by Martindale-Hubbell
Original Articles by Ronald J. Vander Veen
- Thank you for Voting us Best of the Best for Law Practice!
- The Mulders Receive the Good Shepherd Award from Resthaven
- 2016 Best of the Best Award
- Loose Lips May Sink Your Ship and Create Liability
- Why Don’t I Have Good Title to This Property?
- It’s Construction Dispute Season!
- Timing is everything!
- Do It Yourself Projects: They Really Are Owner Beware!
- February is time to think about your real property taxes!
- I Thought My Company Protected Me From Personal Liability?
- There Is Always Something New Under the Sun (Sunshine Law, That Is)
- I Want to Remodel My Home But I Am Concerned About Dealing With a Contractor
- Thoughts on Estate Planning Trusts and Asset Protection By An Old Banker’s Attorney
- Dodd-Frank Regulates Seller Financing of Homes
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Ottawa County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Western District of Michigan Federal Bar Association
- Western District of Michigan Bankruptcy Section
- Admitted to practice in all Michigan courts, the U.S. District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Western District of Michigan, Fifth and Sixth Circuit Courts of Appeals, and U.S. Supreme Court
- City Attorney for the City of Holland
- Advising and representing officials in various counties
Volunteer Associations and Memberships
- Member, Holland chapter of AMBUCS
- Barnabas Ministries Board of Directors
- Warner Memorial Camp Board of Directors
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubble BV rating
Hobbies and Community Activities
- Off-road driving